What is the Business Leader of the Year Award?
The South and Vale Business Leader of the Year Award is aimed at business owners, CEO’s, Directors and managers based at businesses in South Oxfordshire or Vale of White.
What makes a good leader?
The Business Leader Award seeks to recognise those who have achieved growth and improved profitability, taken steps to exceed customer expectations, instilled values that have driven the business forward, and can also demonstrate wider impact in the community.
Who is sponsoring the award?
HSBC’s Corporate banking team are backing the award:
“It’s the people behind the business that gives it life, helps it grow and makes the South and Vale a great place to live and do business – and HSBC is proud to be sponsoring the Business Leader of the Year Award.
South Oxfordshire and the Vale of White Horse is full of phenomenal businesses with brilliant business leaders to guide them. HSBC Corporate Banking prides itself on knowing its customers and that doesn’t just mean understanding the business model, the industry, trade cycle, etc… it’s about the people, the teams and the leaders behind those businesses.”
Cameron Rathwell, Area Director & Head of Corporate Banking, Thames Valley, HSBC UK Bank plc.
Who won last year and why?
In an awards night surprise, the 2018 V4B Business Leader Award was awarded to two applicants that could not be split by the judges. Mike Lawton of Oxford Space Systems (who you can find out more about here), and Richard Marsh of Faringdon based CIS Ltd.
Although Richard has since left CIS to pursue new opportunities, the judging panel were impressed by both men’s vision to spot opportunity, the ability to establish and grow and business, and the drive to succeed, influence and inspire their employees.
If your business is working on an early stage, innovative product or service, apply now. You could:
- Raise the business profile with great local PR
- Increase team spirit
- Win more customers
- Attract and retain talented employees
- Form new partnerships with some of the best businesses in the area
- Appraise and analyse your company’s strengths and opportunities
- Applications close at Midnight on 18 January 2019.
- Finalists announced at Abingdon’s new Hilton Garden Inn on 1 February 2019.
- All finalists will be invited to the Awards Evening Ceremony to take place at Williams Conference Centre on 15 March 2019. Finalists receive 2 complimentary tickets to the awards ceremony that will involve welcome drinks in Sir Frank Williams private museum, fine dining and entertainment.