Now in its seventh year, the Thames Valley Business Barometer is an ongoing collaboration between C8 Consulting and BDO LLP, providing a regular snapshot of business and economic confidence in the Thames Valley.
As well as concentrating on economic confidence, growth and employment intentions, the Spring 2018 Barometer focused on environmental practices in the workplace locally. In addition to air pollution and micro-plastic in oceans globally, environmental issues have continued to hit the headlines on a regular basis. As a result, the latest barometer has aimed to capture a local prospective on this issue.
The topic of environmental practices in the region essentially covered organisations’ policies and practices to reduce their environmental footprint and drive better environmental behaviour.
Key findings of the report:
- Economic confidence across the region has risen
- Profitability has notably increased
- Order books, pipeline and turnover show healthy improvements
- Just under a half of respondents stated that they have implemented an environmental policy
- A majority of companies think that they could increase recycling to reduce their environmental footprint
The full results can be accessed by clicking here.